Monday, November 22, 2010

Friend

It works. It's good. Finally. Every single day full of stress is met with the amazing laughter, laughing about things, laughing at each other equally, neither of us trying. I don't have to worry about anything. When we part ways, I feel happy. I'm not left questioning things. All I have to do is look at you and I can laugh. Really laugh. Feel joyful. Not just laugh to connect with people. Genuine giddiness from both of us meet and work so well. That presence in my life is amazing. Then I'll get annoyed with you and you'll leave and I'll breathe and feel exhausted. Then 10 minutes later I'm ready for you to bound in the room again.

You accepted me right away, before you knew anything about me. I didn't have to work to earn your friendship. You didn't need to know about my accomplishments to like me. You just liked me for me.

This is a friend.

No comments: